Pinterest for Business Tips
Explore my Pinterest actionable tips for businesses to help you get more traffic & sales with Pinterest. I also share my easy self-care tips, how to have a fab-U-lous life in your 50's, trending topics & a whole lot of pretty stuff!
Pinterest Management Tips
Do you want your skin care and makeup products to last longer? Well of course you do. ☺ The mini skin care fridge is a must-have item for storing your beauty products. I kid you not. This is especially important if you’re using all-natural skin care products because they don’t have preservatives, which means they tend to spoil quicker. It has definitely become a trend for skin care addicts.
For some time now I’ve been storing a few of my clean beauty products in our kitchen fridge but it’s an absolute hassle. Most times I start washing my face and then I remember that I forgot to go downstairs to grab the stuff I need. So I finally bought this cute mini skin care fridge from Caynel.
We have no choice but to keep our skin care products in the bathroom right? That’s where we wash up. The bad news is that it’s the worst place to store them. The steam in your bathroom is like a breeding ground for bacteria to multiply and grow. Gross.
Steamy hot showers and baths create a lot of heat, so does the actual bathroom heat coming in from your home’s furnace. Combined they can affect the look, feel, smell, and effectiveness of your products. Warm temperatures and sunlight can cause certain ingredients to break down, oxidize, curdle, or melt.
According to dermatologist Mona Gohara, MD, associate clinical professor at Yale she goes on to say that a skin care fridge prolongs the shelf life of products as long as the temperature is between 45 and 50 degrees. In fact, they’re better than the kitchen fridge because they’re slightly warmer in temperature. Kitchen fridges should be 40 degrees or below.
The first time you put on your natural skin care products it’s going to be bloody cold! It’s perfect when I get my hot flashes! It’s refreshing and it’s a nice pick me-up especially in the morning.
1. If you’re using vitamin C serums the ingredient can quickly oxidize. Every time you open your bottle and it gets exposed to light & heat, and air. That exposure of your vitamin C serum can degrade it into erythrulose (an ingredient often used in tanners). Think of it like wine. If you leave your white wine open it can turn bad but keeping it in the fridge will help it last longer. That’s being smart about the things you buy.
2. Eye creams are important to keep in the fridge because keeping them cool helps reduce fluid retention around the eyes after sleeping.
3. Placing sheet masks in the fridge helps cool and calm inflamed, sensitive skin. It feels great on the skin especially when you’ve had too much fun in the sun.
4. Once you touch your products with your fingers it’s contaminated. Luckily cooling the products helps inhibit bacterial and fungal growth.
5. Perfume, sprays, mists, nail polishes, lipsticks and certain topical medications can be kept in the fridge away from sunlight. Sunlight will speed up the longevity of your products which can destroy those precious active ingredients.
Great for road trips since it comes with a charger that you can plug in your car. The skin care fridge I bought can be used for either cooling or warming. Not all skin care beauty fridges come with that option. It stays cool up to 45ºF or warm up to 141ºF – with the flip of a switch.
I personally love my skin care beauty fridge but I have so many products that I can’t fit them all in one tiny fridge. LOL. I wish the shelf inside was adjustable in height so I could store more but unfortunately it has only one shelf and it’s fixed in the middle.
Many if not most of my clean beauty and natural skin care products are not cheap so storing them in a skin care beauty fridge made sense to me. That means getting more bang for my money plus better products, a two for one value.